Details for submission
SUBMIT YOUR WORK TO BRIDGE
Bridge publishes original work by writers and artists age 14-24. We look for work that demonstrates virtuosity and wonder, work that interrogates norms and assumptions, and delights us all along the way.
GENERAL SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN YEAR-ROUND.
Submit your own work at http://bridgebluffton.submittable.com/submit.
- Bridge ONLY publishes writers and artists age 14-24.
- Bridge accepts work from young writers in the following genres: short fiction, nonfiction, poetry, comics, art, graphic novels and short plays for stage and screen. Please, no fan-fiction or excerpts from novels.
- Writers can submit only once per genre, per submission period.
- There are no restrictions on content or theme.
- Work submitted to Bridge must not be previously published online or print. We cannot consider work you posted on WattPad, your blog, website or social media. However, Bridge welcomes nonfiction previously printed in school publications or newspapers.
- Bridge welcomes international submissions; however, all work submitted must be composed primarily in English.
- Bridge does not accept anonymous submissions.
- Bridge cannot accept third-party submissions. Writers and artists must submit their own work and correspond directly with our staff. Parents/teachers/mentors cannot submit work for you or on your behalf. If your work is collaborative and includes artists over the age of 24, it is not eligible for publication in Bridge.
- If selected for publication, Bridge retains First North American Serial Rights to your work. However, all rights revert to the author upon publication.
- Bridge is unable to pay contributors. Artists and writers selected for publication in the spring receive two copies of the print issue, and those published in the fall online issue receive high-quality, downloadable PDFs.
- Current or former Bluffton University students, and the household family members of Bluffton University faculty, staff and administrators are not eligible to submit work to Bridge.
- General submissions are open year-round. You can submit your own work through our portal at www.submittable.com.
- Deadline for submissions for the spring 2020 print issue is Aug. 31, 2019.
We accept short stories (5000 words or less) from writers age 14-24. Please note that we do not accept fan-fiction or excerpts from novels.
Nonfiction includes personal essay, journalism and memoir. Prose submissions are limited to 5000 words.
Poetry collections should consist of 1-3 poems, with a word count limit of 1,000 words per author.
Drama submissions are limited to 5,000 words (roughly 10-12 formatted pages).
COMICS, ART, GRAPHIC LITERATURE & ILLUSTRATED NARRATIVES
We accept fine art, comics, graphic literature and illustrated narratives in .JPG, .PNG or .PDF format. Images should be high-resolution, CMYK format; 300 dpi or 1000x1000. Vertical orientation is preferred. Selected images will be published in approximately 5x7-inch color format. Submitters, please note that in this instance, "Graphic" refers to medium not content. Prose submissions should be submitted to fiction or creative nonfiction only.