Compliance and disclosures
Federal Compliance & Required Disclosures
- Athletic completion and graduation rates
- Campus safety and security
- CARES HEERF report
- College Navigator
- Completion/graduation/transfer rates
- Equity in athletics
- Foreign gifts
- Teacher preparation report
- Contact information for institutional/financial aid
- Copyright policies
- Cost of attendance
- Disability services
- Drug and alcohol policies
- Federal student financial aid penalties for drug law violations
- Gainful employment
- Graduate/professional education outcomes
- Professional licensure disclosure
- Information for crime victims, disciplinary proceedings
- Job placement rates
- Net price calculator
- Statement of nondiscrimination
- Privace of student records: FERPA
- Retention rates
- Refund policy, Title IV financial aid
- State authorization
- Satisfactory Academic Progress policy
- Student body diversity Click on enrollment
- Student financial aid information
- Textbook information
- Title IX, sexual misconduct
- Transfer of credit policies
- Vaccinations policy
- Voter registration forms
- Code of Conduct for loans
- Entrance/Exit counseling
- Preferred lender list
- Private loan disclosures
- Graduation rates for students receiving athletically related student aid (Student Right-to-Know Act): No athletically related student aid is provided at Bluffton University to students.
- Intercollegiate athletic program participation rates and financial support data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act): Click on "Get data for one school" and enter Bluffton University in the search box.
- Transfer-out rates for students receiving athletically related student aid (Student Right-to-Know Act): No athletically related student aid is provided at Bluffton University to students.
- Graduation rates are reported to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) Click on Retention and Graduation Rates.
- Compliance audits of Bluffton University's general purpose financial statements are conducted annually by an independent auditor. Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Controller.
- The FISAP is submitted annually by the financial aid office. Additional information
may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office.
- Financial contributions from foreign entities are reported in annual audits. Additional
information may be obtained by contacting the advancement office.
- Bluffton University submits IPEDS surveys to the Department of Education annually via the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). Additional information about IPEDS submissions may be obtained by contacting the registrar's office.
Professional licensure disclosure
The Bluffton University curriculum for programs customarily leading to licensure or certification have been designed to meet requirements in Ohio. Therefore, the coursework and other requirements serve as preparation for students to apply for licensure exams or apply for licensure or certification in the State of Ohio. Students planning to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio should review state educational requirements for licensure and certification, as educational requirements vary from state to state.
- This information is available from the student life office upon written request by the alleged victim.
Title IX, sexual misconduct policy
Bluffton University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex/gender. Bluffton University also prohibits retaliation against any person opposing discrimination or participating in any discrimination investigation or complaint process internally or externally. Reports of misconduct, questions regarding Title IX, and concerns about noncompliance should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator. For a complete copy of the policy or for more information, please contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Assistant Secretary of Education within the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
Code of Conduct (loans)
Bluffton University students have been provided loan product disclosures (https://choice.fastproducts.org/FastChoice/policy/disclosure) when they begin to process a loan from the Bluffton University financial aid page. That disclosure reads in part:
- “All of the information provided on the Loan Options page is reviewed annually to ensure that the benefits that the lenders offer continue to adhere to our criteria. Any loan options that no longer adhere to our criteria are removed, and new loan options are added. At least two lenders will be presented to you at all times.
- You are free to choose any lender, including those not presented. If you choose a lender that is not presented, please contact the financial aid office. Application processing will not be delayed unnecessarily if you choose a lender not presented.
- Our officials are prohibited from accepting any financial or other benefits in exchange for displaying lenders and loan options in FASTChoice. Prohibited activities include: receiving compensation to serve on any lender board of directors or advisory boards; accepting gifts including trips, meals, and entertainment; allowing lenders to staff our institution's financial aid office; allowing lenders to place our institution's name or logo on any of their products; and owning of lenders' stock (for college officials who make financial decisions for our institution).”