Natural & Applied Sciences Scholarships
If you major in one of these natural and applied sciences division programs (biology, chemistry, dietetics, mathematics, physics, pre-engineering, pre-medicine, or pre-physical therapy) you may qualify for a renewable $3,000 science scholarship.
- Applied and admitted to Bluffton University
- High school GPA of 3.4
- Minimum ACT of 27 or SAT of 1260 (math and critical reading scores)
- High school classes taken:
- Physics (optional for dietetics)
- Four years of high school math, including pre-calculus, and/or qualification for Calculus 1 through mathematics placement tests
- Personal interview
If you believe you qualify for the Natural & Applied Sciences Scholarship, schedule an interview before Feb. 1 by contacting the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 800-488-3257. Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling, first-come-basis.
THE DR. JOHN KRAFT AWARD
SUPPORT FOR BLUFFTON GRADUATES WHO ATTEND MEDICAL SCHOOL
A university endowment funded by Dr. John Kraft, class of 1958, provides a $5,000 loan/grant to a graduating senior who enrolls in and completes one full year of medical school. This financial support is awarded in the form of a loan that is cancelled upon completion of the first year of medical school.
Recipients are chosen by a faculty award selection committee in consultation with the academic dean. Interested students should contact the pre-med program advisor for more information or to apply for this award.