There's so much to do, it could make you dizzy. / We haven't even mentioned Ultimate Frisbee! / You might forget to study if you get too busy, / But don't, or you might flunk your next pop quizzy.
Faculty and students enjoy getting together outside of class as much as (or more than?) in class. Roughly once a month, we gather for coffee and conversation at the Twisted Whisk Coffeehouse, for our fall cookout, annual Christmas cookie decorating party or Pi Day celebration.
Each week, mathematics faculty and students and all others who are interested gather for a presentation on a mathematics or computer topic. Topics and presenters are announced weekly to the campus community.
Links and more!
- The Mathematical Association of America
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- The Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- The American Mathematical Society
- The American Statistical Association
- The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- The Society of Actuaries
- Be An Actuary.org
- MathWorld at Wolfram.com
- The Math Forumat Drexel University
- Ask Dr. Math
- Mrs. Glosser's MATH GOODIES
- Math Fun Facts from the Harvey Mudd College Mathematics Department.
- Mathematical Moments brochures from the AMS.
- The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
FUN STUFF GAMES, PUZZLES, ETC.:
- End Game SET. A version by our own Dr. Darryl Nester. The making of End Game Set.
- KenKen. Like Sudoku, except that it actually requires mathematics.
- The Pi Song.
- Mathpuzzle.com maintained by Ed Pegg, Jr. New puzzles added frequently.
- Games: Big Idea Productions is the home of the VeggieTale and 3-2-1 Penguins video series; they also host this site with lots of nifty games, including at least three with math or logic themes: Light Brigade, Spaced Penguins, and Doom Funnel Chasers.
- The Set card game site
- A "mind reading" trick based on some interesting mathematics. (This is also an advertisement for 7-Up.)
- MindBluff.com: "Mind Bluff explores infinite mysteries of the human mind. Our growing collection includes some of the web's best mental and visual brain teasers, optical illusions, word puzzles, and tactile illusions."
- MathArtFun.com posters, books, software, puzzles, etc. showing tessellations, fractals, geometric