Tuition and financial aid
Nothing should ever stand in the way of the person you were meant to become.
We offer a wide range of scholarships based on academic achievement, musical or artistic talent, community involvement and more.
Additional fees for books and travel, estimated $1,800
2023-24 FEE SCHEDULE
|Semester Amount||Yearly Amount|
|Tuition (12-17 hours/semester)||$17,749||$35,498|
|Student activity fee||75||150|
|Board (15 meal plan)||3,012||6,024|
|Room damage deposit (new students only)||100|
- Charge per semester hour if less than 12 hours: $1,480 per semester hour
- Charge per semester hour over 17 up to and including 20 hours: $1,045 per semester hour
- Charge per semester hour over 20 hours: $1,480 per semester hour
- Technology fee covers:
- Access to the campus network
- High speed Internet connection from the residence hall room and around campus
- Campus email address
- Access to online course information and student records
- Technology center access
- Access to OhioLINK electronic library resources
- Regular upgrades to student computing resources
International student grant
A grant ranging from $1,000-$9,000 recognizes that international students encounter additional costs to travel to Bluffton University. $1,000 is automatically given to all qualified applicants. New students may apply for up to $9,000 based on financial need. This grant is renewable for four years.
Many additional scholarships and grants are available to international students at
Bluffton scholarships and grants >
In addition, international students can work on campus and earn the following:
|Campus work-study (academic year)||$2,340|
After you have applied and been accepted as a Bluffton University student, make a deposit of $2,000 to secure your place at Bluffton University. It is not in addition to your Bluffton tuition. It will be deducted from your bill. The deposit is non-refundable after May 1.