Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the res halls
Not a creature was stirring, no animals at all
For the students had checked out with their RAs with care
To come back to a sweet-smelling room in Januar'
Checklist Before leaving for Christmas break
Schedule a room check with your RA to make sure the following is complete. Contact your RA before Dec. 9 to schedule a check out meeting no more then 24 hours after your last exam.
- Mini refrigerator defrosted, dried and unplugged
- Defrosting could take a couple days, plan accordingly!
- Take perishable items home or to the dumpster
- If needed, leave a towel in the bottom of the fridge and freezer
- Prop the refrigerator doors open
- Apartment refrigerators do not need unplugged. However if there is a power outage and food spoils, you will not be reimbursed for the spoilage.
- Take all trash to the dumpster
- Claim your belongs from the laundry room.
- Anything left over break will be donated!
- Wash all your dirty dishes
- Unplug all electrical equipment
- Close all windows, shades/curtains
- Remove AC vents from the window
- Turn off battery-operated alarms, or remove the batteries
- Remove all items from the floor and under the bed in case of a water leak
- Take all valuables with you, including your pet fish and plants
- While reasonable precautions will be taken to safeguard your belongings, Bluffton is not responsible for loss or theft.
- Remember to bring your key and fob back in January!
If you are staying on campus during break:
- Submit the extended stay form (my.bluffton.edu, under the student life tab)
- This form will be live on Monday, Nov. 28
If you are not returning for spring semester:
- By Dec. 9, sign up for a room check with your RA no more than 24 hours after your final exam
- RA will check that all personal items are removed from your room, that your room is
cleaned and collect your key/fob
- Failure to do so will result in an improper check out charge. There is an additional charge for non-returned key/fob.