Mennonite faith: Sharing God’s love
with a focus on Respect, peace and service
Mennonites believe, with their Christian brothers and sisters, in the great affirmations of faith: God becoming human, the lordship of Christ, the power of the Gospel, the work of the Holy Spirit and the authority of the scriptures.
In the Mennonite heritage, these beliefs lead to distinctive emphases.
- Faith is voluntary.
- Christians are called to a life of love, reconciliation and peacemaking.
- Injustice is to be overcome with good.
- Happiness is more than material well-being.
- Moral authority is more than political power.
- Life is to be lived simply.
- All of nature is a gift of God to be cherished with a sense of gratitude and stewardship.
- Loving, sacrificial service is the highest expression of faithfulness to Christ.
Bluffton University is affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. Despite common misconceptions, you’ll not find buggies or horse stables on campus. What you will find is a diverse, welcoming Christian community.
We seek to shape our voluntary chapel worship services in ways that are meaningful to all students, regardless of their religious background. A wide variety of spiritual life organizations and activities are available.
With students from 28 different Christian denominations, 22 states and 14 countries, the Bluffton University campus is very diverse. Shaped by Mennonite values of respect, peacemaking and service, we believe there is great value with people of different backgrounds come together to create one community.
Get involved in SERVE or the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, sing with the chapel band or serve as a ministry assistant.
Opportunities are provided for the community of faith to gather for worship. Students assist in planning and leading these services.
Mennonite organizations and institutions:
- Mennonite Church USA
- Mennonite Church Canada
- Mennonite Central Committee
- Christian Peacemakers Team
- Anabaptist World
- Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary
- Bethel College
- Conrad Grebel College
- Columbia Bible College
- Eastern Mennonite Seminary
- Eastern Mennonite University
- Fresno Pacific University
- Goshen College
- Hesston College
- Tabor College