Accreditation and Affiliations
Bluffton University holds a certificate of authorization from the Ohio Department of Higher Education to confer the degrees of bachelor of arts, bachelor of science in nursing, master of arts in education, master of arts in organizational management and master of business administration. Bluffton University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org, 312-263-0456.
Bluffton is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the State Department of Education of Ohio for the preparation of teachers at the initial and advanced levels in the regular academic fields and in specialized fields. The social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education at the baccalaureate level, and the Master of Social Work program is in pre-candidacy. The Master of Dietetics program is a candidate for accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Bluffton University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Additional documentation is available in the Academic Affairs offices located in College Hall.
The university is an institutional member of
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Mennonite Education Agency
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (Division III)
- Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education