Mission, Goals and Objectives
RDN Integrated Master’s Program
The mission of the RDN Integrated Master’s Program is to prepare graduate-trained, competent, entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists to serve the needs of the population in a variety of practice areas. The learning environment seeks to integrate the mission of Bluffton University, master’s program requirements and experiential learning that allows for the development of professional knowledge and professional skills.
Graduates will be competent entry-level registered nutritionists
- ACEND required objectives
- At least 80% of program graduates complete program/degree requirements within 18 months (150% of the program length).
- Of graduates who seek employment, 80% are employed in nutrition and dietetics sor a related field within 12 months of graduation.
- 100% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- At least 75% of employers who respond to a survey on program graduates in their first year of employment report “strongly agree” or “agree” regarding the graduates’ knowledge and skill preparation for entry-level practice.
Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to voluntary service through their employment, community, faith or profession.
- Program specific objectives
- In a survey of graduates, 50% will state they have volunteered at least once in the previous year in their employment, community, faith or profession.
Program outcomes data are available upon request from the program director, Deborah Myers, EdD, RDN, LD.