Lion and Lamb
- 10 months, 20 hours per week
- Considered a salaried, non-exempt employee who will need to track hours to ensure annual hours total approximately 880 hours.
- Flex time based on hours worked each week/month.
In consultation with the faculty director, the GA facilitates training of Bluffton University students to prepare them to lead sessions in public school classrooms, connected to cultural understanding and conflict mediation (such as in social media use or cyberbullying). The GA coordinates meetings of Bluffton students and schedules sessions in schools. The GA maintains weekly open hours of the Lion and Lamb Peace Arts Center and coordinates materials usage with Musselman Library.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Acceptance into the graduate program
- Ability to connect with Bluffton University students and train them to lead The Lion and Lamb Peace Arts Center sessions
- Support for Bluffton’s mission and peace witness
- Must submit to a criminal background check, subject to review and approval by Bluffton University
- Cross-cultural experiences and understanding
- Training in conflict mediation
Include but are not limited to the following
- Draw together group of Bluffton students (in the model of a student organization) to carry out The Lion and Lamb Peace Arts Center sessions
- Train students to lead sessions with school students
- Meet with prospective students interested in The Lion and Lamb work
- Maintain regularly scheduled open hours at The Lion and Lamb Peace Arts Center
- Meet regularly with faculty director and monthly with advisory committee
- Maintain sculpture garden
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Compensation will include $5,000 for the academic year
- 10 days of time off, plus university holidays, unpaid
- On-campus housing provided
- 10 meal per week plan in the Commons provided when classes are in session.
- Tuition remission for Bluffton University graduate program: Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts in Organizational Management or Master of Arts in Education over two years.
Reports to the faculty director of The Lion and Lamb.
Applications are considered complete when all of the following materials have been submitted:
Bluffton University employment requirements
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Send employment application materials to:
Vice president and dean of academic affairs
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817-2104