Ways to Give
Invest in Bluffton University, and extend Bluffton’s transforming mission for students and society.
Gifts may be made online through GiveCampus. Make a undesignated gift of any amount to be used where most needed, or select a
designation of your choice, such as a scholarship, TEAM Bluffton, the arts, cross-cultural
You may also create a donor account in order to create automatic, reoccuring monthly or annual gifts.
A simple trip to your employer’s human resources office could double your gift to Bluffton. Many companies match charitable gifts to non-profit organizations made by employees and/or retirees. And Bluffton will credit you for that extra gift. This means you could become a President’s Society member will an annual gift of $500 (instead of $1,000); for Graduates of the Last Decade, the starting point for membership may be as low as $125 plus a matching gift.
What do I do?
- Ask your HR office if your employer offers matching gifts.
- If yes and you are giving online, create an account provide your employer’s name in the appropriate field.
- If yes and you are giving by mail, request an application form and forward with your
gift to Bluffton:
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817-2104.
Gifts-in-kind of securities, real estate or property require advance planning. These gifts can provide support for annual operations, scholarships, endowment or campaign projects. Examples include:
Securitiesi.e. stocks, bonds or mutual funds. Please contact the advancent office for instructions on how to schedule a transfer of securities through your broker.
Real estatei.e. principal residence, vacation home, farm, commercial building, building lots or land; all gifts of real estate require prior appraisal and university approval.
Propertyi.e. equipment, grain and personal property; all gifts of property require prior appraisal and university approval.
Please contact the advancement office to learn more about any gift-in-kind.
By including Bluffton in your will or estate plan, you sustain Bluffton in a very special way.
A legacy gift is a commitment made during your lifetime that provides support to Bluffton at a future date. Legacy gifts are a wonderful way to provide larger support for Bluffton than you may have thought possible while still providing for a family and other estate planning goals.
Ways to make a Legacy Gift:
- A bequest in your will or living trust is most common
- Life income gifts, such as a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder unitrust or charitable remainder annuity trust, provide a future gift to Bluffton, an income tax deduction and income stream for you or family
- Designating Bluffton as a beneficiary of your Individual Retirement Account is a simple way to make a planned gift
- A charitable lead trust provides financial support to Bluffton for a specified term with the trust assets returning to you or your heirs with significant tax savings
Contact the advancement office for more information about planned gifts.