Arts and Lecture Credit
A college education is more than preparation for a career. It is an opportunity to broaden your knowledge, to be challenged intellectually.
Bluffton University established the arts and lecture program to encourage shared academic and cultural experiences for all students across departments and disciplines.
Undergraduate students receive academic credit for attending music and drama performances, academic events and select student events.
- Forum is Bluffton University’s weekly gathering of students, faculty and staff for interdisciplinary discovery and conversation.
- Select Bluffton students share research in special First Tuesday in the Library Forum presentations.
- Bluffton faculty share their research during bi-weekly Friday Colloquium presentations.
Forum and Colloquium presentations
A calendar of approved Arts & Lecture events is maintained by the registrar’s office.
Arts and Lecture requirement
All undergraduate students must earn two arts and lecture credits by attending 60 events before graduation. A minimum of one-third of the events (20) must be Forum presentations.
Students do not register for arts and lecture credit, nor will they be charged for this credit (if it is fulfilled prior to fulfilling all graduation requirements).
- Individual students must present ID cards to be scanned on entering and exiting.
- Credit is added to the transcript as it is earned. (.5 credit for attending 15 events, at least five of which are Forums)
- Students must stay for the entire event in order to receive credit.
- Students will not receive credit for attending the same event multiple times (e.g. the spring musical).
- Questions related to the arts and lecture program may be directed to the registrar’s office, 419-358-3321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students may check their progress and review the events for which they have earned credit by logging into my.bluffton.edu, choosing the student tab, then “Academic Information” on the left, then “Graduation Report.”
Seniors need to complete this requirement two weeks before graduation in order to receive their diploma at graduation.