What to do if you're sick:
Covid-19 steps Released August 2023
- If you test positive for COVID-19, Students may not attend class for five days from onset of symptoms. Day 0 is day of symptom onset.
- Students who test positive must notify Phill Talavinia and isolate during for five days.
- Upon returning to class after day 5, masks must be worn for 5 additional days.
- Students with a positive Covid test may request online learning for up to 5 days.
- Students can return to their permanent residence if within driving distance.
- Students that are unable to return to their permanent residence should isolate in their rooms.
- Students are encouraged to work with a classmate, roommates, friends, etc. to help coordinate meal delivery if desired.
- Wear a high-quality mask if you must be around others at home and in public.
- Do not go places where you are unable to wear a mask.
- Separate from others as much as possible.
- Take steps to improve ventilation if possible.
- Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels and utensils.
- Monitor your symptoms. If you have an emergency warning sign (like trouble breathing), seek emergency medical care immediately.
symptomatic students who refuse COVID-19 testing
Students who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 and refuse testing must go home to quarantine until they are symptom-free, following the Allen County Health Department (or their local health department) protocol or they will be administratively withdrawn.