2015 5 on 5 basketball champions
5 on 5 Basketball
- Any high school or competitive basketball experience or none at all
- Skill level is average but doesn't meet any of the A league criteria
- Play is competitive and style of play is similar to open gym
- League is mostly for fun
- Rules and fouls are limited
- Teams must have at least 2 females and 2 males on a team.
INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL RULES
The rules of the National Federation of College Athletics Associations will apply in all cases except where special intramural rules apply.
- The game will consist of two 20-minute halves.
- Half time will be 3 minutes.
At the completion of the game each captain must sign the score sheet.
Teams must provide their own ball. If neither team provides a playable basketball, the game shall result in double forfeit.
- Each team is allowed one time-out per half. It does not carry over into the next half.
- Time-outs are one minute in length.
- Each game will begin with a jump ball. Every jump ball called from then on will be an alternate possession call. The team NOT gaining possession on the jump will receive the initial alternate possession.
- The direction of the possession arrow is reversed immediately after an alternating possession throw in is completed.
If a player receives one technical in a game, they will be ejected from that game and subject to a disciplinary hearing,
- Report to the scorer and remain there until a dead ball occurs.
- An official must beckon the player(s) onto the court.
- Substitutions should occur without delaying the game.
- Tie score at the end of regulation time will result in a three minute overtime period.
- Overtime will start with a jump ball leading to an alternate possession.
The first team listed is the home team and needs to wear white shirts. The second team is the away team and needs to wear dark shirts.
Nights and dates of play will depend on the popularity of the season; women will have
their own league if there is enough interest. With enough teams, we will again be
having two levels of play (A league and co-ed league)
Teams will be limited to 10 players. If you have any questions, please contact Michael Bryan, firstname.lastname@example.org.