Corporate & External Relations Director
Full time/12 months
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Corporate & External Relations Director is responsible for the overall management of Bluffton’s Corporate and Education Partners Program which is a driver for revenue growth through enrollment in adult and graduate studies programs. Responsible for meeting annual giving goals for corporate giving and corporate sponsorships. Partner with AGS recruiter in the admissions office to aid in meeting AGS recruitment revenue goals. Provide direction and oversight to university campus-to-career internship program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Corporate and Education Partners Program
- Effectively manage and grow Bluffton’s Corporate and Education Partners Program by building and maintaining relationships with school districts, HR professionals, business representatives and community partners, meeting personally to discuss Bluffton University degree programs. These meetings may take place on campus, or at other public locations.
- Develop and implement annual strategy for Bluffton’s Corporate and External relations program to meet annual revenue goals for adult and graduate program enrollment and corporate annual giving and sponsorship revenue goal.
- Represent Bluffton at local chamber meetings, service clubs and business fairs/expos.
- Responsible for Bluffton University campus-to-career internship program and working to place undergraduate students in internships with CPP/EPPs and regional companies. Collaborates with director of career and vocation services.
- Works collaboratively with the Admissions Office and the Academic Affairs Office to provide counsel on matters relating to AGS program structure, needs of regional business community, student issues, etc.
OCCASIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the periodic scheduling of receptions and orientations.
- Occasional evening and weekend duties as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties of this job.
- Education and/or Experience: BA required. Some prior experience in recruiting, sales, and/or marketing.
- Special Skills: As a frequent representative of Bluffton University to the public and corporate community, the employee must have high ethical standards and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Be highly motivated with strong organizational skills, technology skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks are vital. Integrity and honesty in conveying program information and respect for prospective students are essential.
- Transportation: Dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license are required.
- Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree. 2 years prior experience in recruiting, sales, marketing and adult education in an academic setting. Personal participation in an adult degree program is also helpful.
- Fundraising/Corporate Sponsorship: 2-3 years prior experience and success in meeting revenue goals and building and implementing success corporate sponsorship program.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by the employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position involves frequent travel by car for the purpose of public presentations and meetings. Public presentations may involve transporting and handling display materials of up to 40 pounds. Parking areas are not always convenient to the meeting location. Capable of general mobility around campus and meeting sites.
Commensurate with education and experience within the university pay scale.
Position is available for immediate appointment.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until an appointment is made.
Applications are considered complete when the following materials are received at the office indicated below:
- Letter of interest
- Completed Bluffton employment application
Send application materials to: