Women's and men's golf
Position begins immediately, and ends May 31, 2024
Bluffton University, located in Bluffton, Ohio, is seeking motivated, organized and mature applicants to serve as the graduate assistant coach for women’s and men’s golf programs as well as additional responsibilities as assigned. The candidate must have strong background in golf along with exquisite communication, organizational and supervisory skills with the ability to show mature and responsible leadership and work well in a team environment. The successful candidate will embrace and promote the mission of Bluffton University and be the primary assistant golf coach.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Acceptance into the graduate program
- Must submit to a criminal background check, subject to review and approval by Bluffton University
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive university vans
- Competed as a collegiate golf student-athlete at any level
- Interest in pursuing a career in coaching, the golf industry, sports management, leadership or the like.
- General understanding of the mechanics of the golf swing, drills, course management, etc.
- General knowledge of the basic rules of golf
- Efficient multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and face to face interaction skills
Include but are not limited to the following
- Weekend/weekday travel to golf tournaments
- Assist in organizing, scheduling and running practices
- Assist with monitoring academics and providing players with resources/solutions for academic success
- Communication with players via email, text messages or phone calls
- Recruiting efforts, including campus visits, traveling to junior golf events or high school tournaments, etc.
- Fundraising efforts
- Assist with community service efforts
- Assist with management of social media accounts
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Event management responsibilities
- Assist the sports information director with game stats and web content
- Assist resident life staff
- Work outside in potentially extreme weather and temperatures at tournaments
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Operate personal vehicle, school vehicles and golf carts
- Work potentially long hours, including early mornings
- Lift and transport equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Employment runs from January-May, but some work may be required during June and July with recruiting, fundraising, etc.
- 5-6 days per week, with time split between being on campus at Bluffton University and travel to tournaments during the fall & spring seasons and any recruiting trips.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Compensation will include $5,000 for the academic year
- 12 days of time off, plus university holidays and approved time off during breaks
- Furnished housing. All utilities will be paid by the university.
- 20 Meal plan in the Commons provided when classes are in session.
- Degree obtained: Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Arts in Organizational Management (MAOM) or Master of Arts in Education (MAEd)
- Additional income available as a hall director
Reports to the head golf coach and director of athletics
Resumes for the position will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please combine your cover letter, resume, three professional references and any additional materials as one PDF file attached to an email.
Candidates will be contacted via email upon receipt of their resume. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified of the next step in the process. Review of applications will begin immediately.Employment decisions are based on merit and university needs, and not on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by law. As a religious institution, Bluffton University expressly reserves its rights to appoint faculty and staff who share a commitment to the Christian faith which is consistent with the Mennonite/Anabaptist beliefs of the university’s founding and supporting church. EOE.