Center for Career and Vocation
in the Center for Career and Vocation
Part-time, 20 hours/week, occasional evening or weekend hours
10 month position (August-May)
- Assists the director of the Center for Career and Vocation in providing professional development and career readiness resources to Bluffton students and alumni.
- Maintains the center’s centralized data base, College Central Network, including the development of new modules and the expansion/refinement of existing functionality.
- Occasional evenings/weekends
- Relates to both Academic Affairs and Student Life
- Supervises, and provides training for, undergraduate student interns
- Develops and maintains relationships with employers.
- Helps with event planning, promotion and evaluation
- Makes presentations and leads workshops in classroom and other campus settings.
- Maintains the social media presence for the center, especially focusing on Facebook and Twitter.
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree
- Must be enrolled in one of the graduate programs at Bluffton University
- Experience: at least 1 year in a related field
- Diversity & Faith Commitment: Bluffton University expects all employees to show respect in the workplace and not to base business decisions on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by law. As a religious institution, Bluffton University welcomes its faculty and staff and encourages respectful consideration of the Christian faith which is consistent with the Mennonite/Anabaptist beliefs of the university’s founding and supporting church.
- Experience: Three years of work experience in human resources, recruiting, entrepreneurship,
communications, marketing, education, counseling, event planning and promotion, non-profit
leadership and/or volunteer management.
- Experience: Three years of work experience in human resources, recruiting, entrepreneurship, communications, marketing, education, counseling, event planning and promotion, non-profit leadership and/or volunteer management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and/or work environment encountered by the employee while performing the essential responsibilities of this job must be met with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations will be considered and implemented when possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities of this position. Secondary responsibilities may be removed when needed as an accommodation strategy.
DEPARTMENTAL MISSION STATEMENT:
Led by our seven guiding principles, the Center for Career and Vocation equips students and alumni to be career ready and purpose led.
Seven guiding principles:
Influenced by Appreciative, Developmental and Happenstance models of career development:
- We start with the student (or job-seeker) in mind.
- We take a strengths-based/asset-based approach.
- We create synergy through on-campus and off-campus partnerships.
- We balance goal setting and backward planning with the development of resiliency and hopefulness for an uncertain future.
- We remain data-informed while acknowledging the value of un-measureable things.
- We seek streamlined systems and sustainable practices.
- We model the commitment to life-long learning we envision for our students.
Aug. 15 through June 15 (year 1); Aug. 15 through May 15 (year 2)
Full tuition waiver with competitive stipend and room and board.
Applications are considered complete when all of the following materials have been submitted:
- Completed Bluffton employment application
- Cover letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcript
Send employment application materials to:
LaShonda Gurley at email@example.com
Center for Career and Vocation
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817-2104