Social Work faculty member
Assistant or Associate professor of Social Work
Offered in collaboration with Goshen College
10-month, tenure-track position
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
The MSW program is offered in collaboration with Bluffton University (Bluffton, Ohio), has a specialization in mental health, and emphasizes anti-racism and anti-oppressive practices and the integration of spirituality. The synchronous, online program emphasizes student learning through recorded micro lectures, Zoom classes and an innovative approach to student assessment. The program is in accreditation pre-candidacy with the Council on Social Work Education, expects to be in candidacy in the 2023-24 academic year, and to reach initial accreditation in 2026. The program welcomed its first 22 students in fall 2023, and chooses to live into a program culture of hope, connection, justice, peace, and integrity.
The faculty member joining us in July 2024 will help to grow and shape our online MSW program. They will teach courses in clinical mental health practice, addictions, social justice, policy and human behavior. Whether working in person or remotely, the faculty member will work closely with students and fellow faculty members as part of a small, vibrant campus and community.
- Master’s of social work (MSW) degree from a CSWE-accredited program.
- Doctoral degree.
- 2 years of post-MSW social work practice experience.
- Commitment to the integration of anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices and spirituality into MSW education.
- Commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity and inclusion in social work practice.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Bluffton University and Goshen College.
- Live in or be able to travel to Goshen, Ind. If working from a distance, willing to travel to Goshen three times a year. Willing to travel occasionally to Bluffton, Ohio.
- Social work license.
- Doctoral degree in social work.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college/university level, including online teaching.
- Teach three courses in the fall semester and three courses in the spring semester with a 10-month appointment.
- Teach specialized practice courses such as clinical mental health practice, addictions
policy as well as generalist practice courses such as social justice, policy and human behavior. Teaching responsibilities may include serving as a faculty field education liaison. Mentor students through advising and recruiting activities.
- Prepare course outlines and assignments, choose textbooks, and assess student performance. Prepare recorded micro lectures. Facilitate evening Zoom classes (1 hour/week per course) with active and engaged learning practices.
- Participate in department, school and college meetings. Serve on institution-wide committees. Engage in professional and community service.
- Contribute to Bluffton University and Goshen College’s strong tradition of excellence
in teaching and research. www.bluffton.edu/ags/grad/MSW
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with education and experience within the university pay scale.
- Health insurance (employee premium 100% covered)
- Dental, vision, life and LTD insurance
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Free employee membership to Recreation/Fitness Center
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays and sick leave
Review of applications will begin Jan. 3, 2024, and continue until the position is filled. With a commitment to building a diverse faculty and staff, underrepresented persons are encouraged to apply.
Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online Faculty Application Form
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- List of three professional references with contact information
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (official transcripts) and background check will be required prior to hire.