Cost & application
Application and selection process for a semester in Guatemala
- Applications are available in the Cross-cultural Programs office (College Hall, second floor).
- Applications for fall 2023 due by the end of spring semester (submitted with $200 deposit).
- Shortly after the application deadline, a committee will select the students who will be accepted.
- Undergraduate students in good standing with the university may apply.
- Majors from all disciplines are welcome.
- GPA requirement: 2.5 or above
- Bluffton University tuition, room and board (20 meal plan)
- $2,000 program fee (includes round-trip airline ticket, books, week of travel during semester)
- Passport (valid for six months after the end of the program)
- Possibly some immunizations
Grants & Financial Aid
- $600 grants are available for the Guatemala semester. Applications are available in the Cross-cultural Program Office in College Hall.
- Students will continue to receive eligible financial aid just as you would if you were taking classes on Bluffton's campus, including federal, state and institutional based aid.
- Students will not be charged for books or the technology fee during the semester in Guatemala.
If you have questions regarding financial aid, you may contact our financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elaine Suderman, Asst. Director of Cross-cultural Programs
Cross-cultural Program Office
College Hall second floor