Faculty and staff
Updates From Our Campus Community
- February Cabinet Reports
Cabinet Reports meeting for all employees at 4 p.m. on Feb. 21 in Stutzman Lecture Hall.
- Summer textbook adoptions
It is time to begin submitting textbook adoptions for Summer semester. Open Adoption season continues through Friday 2/23/24. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any quetions.
Get to know Bluffton's faculty, staff and students
Basil Gates ’25
Basil was planning to go to art school before coming on a recruitment visit for cross country and finding the perfect major at Bluffton. Now, Basil is gaining experience in the literary field as a member of the editorial team for, “Bridge: The Bluffton University Literary Journal.”
Art and Writing
Trin Borgman '24
A social work and psychology double major, Trin Borgman's vocation was further confirmed
during a field experience last semester at Lima City Schools. Next fall, she plans
to study in Chicago with the Chicago Center for Urban Life and Culture.
- Gerald Mast published the third installment of his project entitled: "Confession: Menno's Penitential Piety and the Foundation of Jesus Christ (1537-39)."
- Matthew Nardo has been invited to speak at the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association State Clinic on Saturday, Feb. 17 in Columbus.
- Roy Couch and four Bluffton band students participated in the 33rd Ohio Private School Conductors Association 2024 Honor Festival Weekend.
- A TR Steiner teapot has been included in “Teapots X” a biannual national exhibit of teapots held at Baltimore Clayworks in Baltimore MD. The exhibit can be seen online at baltimoreclayworks.org under Current Exhibits - Teapots X - Teapots X Exhibition Publication. The exhibit is displayed through March 23, 2024.
- Paul Neufeld Weaver participated in a Mennonite Public Peace Witness in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, Jan 16, calling for a Ceasefire in Gaza and also for the release of all hostages.
- Jeff Gundy’s poem “Short Sleeve February” is in Christian Century (Feb. 2024), 46.
- Phil Sugden’s exhibit “Pages from the Manual on Dismantling God” will be on display at the Farmer Family Gallery on the campus of Ohio State University Lima through Feb. 29.