Complete your MAEd or take courses for an endorsement or license renewal.
The following criteria must be met in order to be fully admitted to the graduate programs in education:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- A 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in the last half of the bachelor's degree program
- Completion of prerequisites for the Reading endorsement (3 credit phonics course + 9 additional credits of teaching reading coursework)
- Transcripts will be reviewed by the director of the graduate programs in education and a plan of study will be issued to the prospective student
Conditional student status
Conditional student status may be granted to permit students to take up to nine hours before regular admission if they do not initially meet the regular admissions criteria. Students must demonstrate during the first nine hours an ability to maintain a 3.0 grade point average (4.0 scale) in order to be reconsidered for regular admission.
Conditional student status may also be granted to non-degree seeking students, as space allows, if they hold a bachelor's degree and have completed the special student status forms and other materials requested as part of the application process. Up to nine hours may be completed under this status.
Graduate programs in education admission
Students applying for admissions to the graduate education program must submit the following materials to the director of graduate studies:
- Completed online application
- The program registration form and nonrefundable $200 registration deposit (applied to first semester fees)
- Official transcripts from all previous college work
- Valid teaching license
Upon receipt of all of the above information, the materials will be processed for admission to the graduate program.
Up to six semester hours or nine quarter hours of transfer credit may be applied to the program as long as the credit is for graduate courses, from an accredited institution and approved by the Bluffton University content professor or a designee (core courses) and the program director or designee (elective credit). In accordance with program policy, workshop credits will not be transferable. In addition, in order for work to be accepted it must be completed within five years prior to application.
Send completed application materials to:
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817-2104