In January 2006, WCSC moved its program to a fully remodeled facility located in the Brookland Neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Only four blocks from Catholic University, and a 10 minute walk from a Metro station, this once four-unit apartment building now serves as the beautiful home of the Washington Community Scholars' Center.
The Nelson Good House features:
- Excellent public transportation access, reducing dependence on cars
- Cross-cultural setting in a predominately African American neighborhood of low to middle income families
- Walking distance to restaurants, shops, an organic grocery store and a public recreational center with free swimming pool access for WCSC students
- 5,000 square feet of finished space
- In-town location with easy connections to most internships and universities and to DC's cultural centers, including ethnically diverse neighborhoods
- Capacity for 15 students featuring modern kitchen, dining and living room areas and a versatile multi-purpose room for seminar course, recreation, library and guest lodging for small field trip groups; energy efficient heating and air conditioning