Arts & Lecture Events
The Bluffton University arts and lecture program provides an opportunity for shared academic and cultural experiences among faculty, staff, and students across departments and disciplines. Lectures present ideas, issues and problems significant for general education and society at large.
All undergraduate students are expected to earn two credits by graduation. Students earn an academic credit for every 15 arts and lecture events they attend. At least five of the arts and lecture credits must be earned from attendance at Tuesday morning Forums.
Students do not register for arts and lecture credit, nor will they be charged for this credit (if it is fulfilled prior to fulfilling all graduation requirements).
- When you go to an event qualifying for arts and lecture credit, you will need to present your student I.D. at the entrance to be scanned.
- When leaving the event, you will need to scan out with your student I.D.
- The registrar's office will add this credit to your transcript as it is earned. (.5 credit for attendance at 15 events at least five of which were Forums)
- Your I.D. needs to be scanned in and out by you personally. Please don't ask someone else to scan your I.D. You need to stay for the entire event in order to receive credit.
- If you have questions related to our arts and lecture program, please contact the registrar's office at ext. 3321.
Seniors need to complete this requirement two weeks before graduation in order to receive their diploma at graduation.