|The Traveller's Club is located between Burton's Athenaeum (left) and Barry's later Reform Club on Pall Mall. It was founded in 1819 for members who had travelled or resided abroad; members had to have travelled at least 500 miles from London. Foreign gentlemen, with appropriate recommendations, were also welcomed. This neo-classical clubhouse was designed later by Sir Charles Barry and, though in stucco, resembles an Italian palazzo.|
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton College.