Transportation to a testing facility
If you have been directed to be tested for COVID-19, and you, your roommate or RA are not able to drive you to the testing facility, call student life at 419-358-3247. If you have your own transportation, you should drive yourself.
If there are two people in the vehicle, follow these guidelines:
- Wear a cloth face covering.
- Travel with windows open or use the vehicle’s vents for fresh air circulation.
- The passenger should sit as far away as possible from the driver.
Steps to clean and disinfect your vehicle after transporting someone to a testing facility
- Doors and windows should remain open when cleaning the vehicle.
- Wear disposable gloves that are meant to be used with the cleaning products.
- Wear a cloth face covering.
- Wear a disposable gown, if available.
- For hard non-porous surfaces within the interior of the vehicle such as hard seats,
arm rests, door handles, seat belt buckles, light and air controls, doors and windows,
and grab handles, clean with detergent or soap and water if the surfaces are visibly
dirty, prior to disinfectant application. For disinfection of hard, non-porous surfaces,
appropriate disinfectants include:
- EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for concentration, application method and contact time for all cleaning and disinfection products.
- Diluted household bleach solutionsprepared according to the manufacturer’s label for disinfection, if appropriate for the surface. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.
- Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol.
- For soft or porous surfaces such as fabric seats, remove any visible contamination, if present, and clean with appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces. After cleaning, use products that are EPA-approved for use against the virus that causes COVID-19 and that are suitable for porous surfaces.
- For frequently touched electronic surfaces, such as tablets or touch screens used in the vehicle, remove visible dirt, then disinfect following the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products. If no manufacturer guidance is available, consider the use of alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol to disinfect.
- After cleaning:
- Remove gloves and throw them in the trash;
- Wash your hands immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available;
- If you did not wear a disposable gown, wash clothes worn during cleaning and disinfecting using the hottest water setting and dry them completely. Wash your hands after handling dirty laundry.