2020-21 Bluffton University Dietetic Interns
2020-21 interns: Fernanda Alfaro (University of Nevada, Las Vegas), Arie Cox (Bluffton University), Raya Beerbower (Bluffton University), Tiffany Eisemon (Kent State), Marcie Jacob (Penn State), Cheyanne Kinney (Central Washington University), Levi Elsea (Bluffton University) and Taylor Lucas (Ohio State/Northern Colorado)
Up to ten interns are accepted each year into the Bluffton University dietetics Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP), a full-time, nine-month program that meets Accreditation Council for Education of Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) requirements for supervised practice.
- Gain valuable dietetic experience with an emphasis on Community and Public Health Nutrition. We organize your supervised practice rotations at facilities near Bluffton, but provide the flexibility of elective experiences to address your interests and goals.
- Participate in professional enrichment activities, including FNCE 2021 OAND Intern Public Policy Day, leadership projects and seminar/class days.
- Be part of the campus community with access to educational, cultural and spiritual activities, the support of our Center for Career and Vocation, counseling services, and athletic and recreational facilities.
- Earn 18 hours graduate level credit for practicum experiences.
- Prepare for the RD Exam with an intensive review course.
- Become eligible to sit for the Commission on Dietetics registration exam to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN.)
Our overall intern pass rate for Bluffton’s first five cohorts exceeds the ACEND minimum. RDN Exam pass rates for Bluffton University's ISPP Dietetic Internship are available upon request from Jennifer Little, Experience coordinator, or Dr. Deborah Myers, Dietetics Program director.
Bluffton's ISPP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition
and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 S. Riverside
Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago Ill., 60606-6995, phone: 312-899-0040 ext 5400, http://www.eatright.org/ACEND.
APPLICATIONS for the 2021-22 Bluffton internship year will be accepted in DICAS during second round
application process. April 9-23, 2021.
2021-22 Dietetic Internship Calendar:
Aug. 23, 2021 - May 20, 2022
- Orientation Week: Monday-Friday, Aug. 23-27, 2021
- Thanksgiving break: Wednesday-Sunday, Nov. 24 - 26, 2021
- Christmas break: Dec. 18, 2021 - Sunday, Jan.9, 2022
- Martin Luther King holiday: Monday, Jan. 17, 2022
- Good Friday holiday: April 15, 2022
- RD exam review course (tentative): Monday-Wednesday, May 16-18, 2022
- Graduation dinner (tentative): Friday, May 20, 2022
Because of the supervised practice hour requirements, dietetic intern breaks do not necessarily coincide with the Bluffton undergraduate holiday/break schedule.