View of the entrance into the arcadeOne of the earliest arcades, this was originally part of Nash's Royal Opera House on Haymarket, which burned in 1867. The arcade ran along the rear of the theater.
The vaulted arcadeShops are located on one side only since the other side allowed for access to the Opera House.
|The groin-vaulted bays have glass domes. Large bow windows with lunette windows above illuminate the shops.|
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton College.