COVID-19 safety precautions
In accordance with guidelines set by the Governor of Ohio, and in collaboration with the Allen County Department of Health, Bluffton University ensures the following safety precautions will be taken during our 2021 Commencement Ceremony:
- Posting clear signage of best practices for hygiene and socially distanced space markings
- Reducing Salzman Stadium’s normal capacity down to 20 percent by limiting the number of guests each graduate may bring
- Cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces
- Maintaining public restrooms and providing supplies for proper handwashing, as well as monitoring the capacity of each restroom to ensure social distancing practices
- Denoting available socially-distanced seating options and mark one-way traffic where applicable
- Requiring all faculty and staff to perform a daily symptom assessment prior to arriving on campus
- Encouraging all graduates and guests to perform a daily symptom assessment prior to arriving on campus
- Encouraging all graduates and guests who are ill to celebrate via livestream.
- Requiring all faculty and staff to wear facial coverings.
- Requesting all graduates and guests wear facial coverings.
- Please note: Family members living in the same household are not required to social distance themselves from each other
- Allowing adequate space for graduates to check in and prepare for the Commencement ceremony while remaining socially distanced
- Closing Salzman Stadium immediately after the conclusion of the ceremony to limit congregation