Admissions counselor, international recruiter and campus visit associate
Full time, 12-months
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The admissions counselor, international recruiter and campus visit associate requires a self-motivated person with strong interpersonal and group communication skills, who possesses a competitive spirit and sales orientation for the recruitment of students and for providing excellent customer service. This person must be able to meet annual recruiting goals for international and discovery program students, help implement the university’s strategic enrollment plan, and prepare financial aid offers for international students and provide exceptional customer service, confidentiality and records retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the enrollment for Bluffton’s Discovery Program, designed to support students of academic promise who do not meet one or more of the initial admission requirements. You will meet or exceed established goals for students in the following areas: campus visits, applications received, accepted students and enrolled students.
- Manage enrollment for special students: transient, returning, returning transfer, international transfer
- Conduct campus interviews with prospective students and parents.
- Represent Bluffton at college fairs, conferences and other functions.
- Maintain contact with various university constituencies including prospective students and parents, guidance counselors, alumni, etc…
- Other admissions responsibilities as assigned.
International student recruitment:
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with international recruiters and agents around the world.
- Responsible for all federal forms and requirements as required for international student recruitment. Collaborate with the DSO (Designated School Official) and the Director of Global Education for optimal student support and services throughout the enrollment process.
Campus visit associate:
- Serve as the host for the Houshower House Campus Welcome Center.
- Manage the schedule for daily campus visits. Ensures that campus guests are treated warmly and professionally while on campus. Be trained in personal visit planning as support to the marketing manager.
- Assist marketing manager with implementation of group and special visit days (i.e. Discover Bluffton, Presidential Scholarship Competition, Junior Visit Day), including extensive contact to confirm attendance at events and work with campus facilities and food service for event details.
- Serve as admissions office representative on new student orientation and registration team. Responsible for managing registrations and materials for families and new students.
- Assist with President’s Ambassador Program including training, planning, assigning and directing work, coaching, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Must have a mindset of mentoring. Should be able to lead in a way that sets a good example, promotes teamwork and encourages a positive, efficient work environment.
OCCASIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with students/families for admissions chat as needed
- Represent Bluffton at college fairs
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Some Saturday commitments and occasional evening/weekend work
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties of this job.
- Education and/or Experience: Associates degree or higher. Some prior experience in event planning, recruiting, sales and/or marketing.
- Special skills: As a frequent representative of Bluffton University to the public and corporate community, the employee must have high ethical standards and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Be highly motivated with strong organizational skills, technology skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks are vital. Integrity and honesty in conveying program information and respect for prospective students are essential. Candidate must be friendly, outgoing, self-motivated and able to delegate, and have excellent written and verbal skills. Candidate must also be computer literate in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Education and/or Experience - BA degree. One year of prior admissions experience or other college related work. Understanding of the liberal arts, private college environment within a Christian setting. Bluffton University graduate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by the employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Public presentations may involve transporting and handling display materials of up to 40 pounds. Capable of general mobility around campus and meeting sites.
Applications are considered complete when the following materials are received at the office indicated below:
- Letter of interest
- Completed Bluffton employment application
Send application materials to: