Policy for student quarantine
In order to ensure the safety and good health of all students, faculty, and staff during the time of the pandemic, Bluffton University has implemented a procedure for the quarantine of students who may be exhibiting symptoms suggestive of a COVID-19 infection.
- Students found to have symptoms suggestive of a COVID-19 infection either through the daily Symptom Reporting process or self-report to VP of Student Life, Director of Residence Life, Sports Medicine or the Director of Nursing will be assigned a quarantine room in Ropp Hall by Student Life. The student’s roommate will also be required to enter quarantine.
- Students in quarantine will participate in classes remotely (as able) during the quarantine period and will not be permitted to leave their quarantine location for any reason until cleared to do so by the VP of Student Life. Meals will be delivered to students in the quarantine area by Dining Services. Student rooms will be cleaned by designated cleaning services.
- Students in quarantine will be required to continue to complete the daily Symptom Reporting process on MyBluffton.
- Students will receive a phone call from a designated Student Life contact at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. to check on their well-being and to provide support as needed.
Release of Students from Quarantine
- Both students (students with symptoms and their roommate) will remain in quarantine until the symptomatic student receives a negative COVID-19 test result at which time, both students will be permitted to return to their usual residence arrangements.
- If the symptomatic student receives a positive COVID test result, that student will be transferred to an isolation room under the guidance of Student Life.
- The roommate will be required to remain in quarantine and will be released from quarantine by Student Life based on the current guidelines from the CDC and Allen County Health Department which indicate that self-quarantine and self-monitoring should continue for fourteen (14) days from the last point of contact with the positive individual. Students remaining in quarantine will participate in classes remotely and will not be permitted to leave the quarantine area except for emergent needs. (The requirements for self-isolation and monitoring may change based on updated guidance from the CDC or Allen County Health Department).