Becoming a Scholar mentorship program
The Bluffton University Becoming a Scholar Mentor program provides an opportunity for students to assist new students in the orientation to the Bluffton experience during the fall semester.
Qualified students chosen for this position will serve as a mentor for a section of new students in Becoming a Scholar and be directly supervised by the instructor for that section. BaS mentors are positive about their Bluffton experience and will be able to communicate effectively to new students the value and importance of the Becoming a Scholar course.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Positive and enthusiastic about Bluffton
- Dependable, organized, and responsible
- Works well as part of a team
- Intellectually curious and adept
- Involvement across campus, including athletics, campus jobs, and campus organizations.
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing
- Connection to diverse groups of students on campus
If you have been approached to provide a recommendation for a prospective Becoming a Scholar Mentor, please submit the following form.