The cornerstoneThe first building of this school, designed by Wright and his first commission, was opened in 1887 (the cornerstone gives the founding as 1886). However, this original building was demolished in 1950. Wright's aunts, Nell and Jane Lloyd Jones, began the school. As the enrollment increased, the aunts called in Wright to design the complex pictured below, which was completed in 1902.
View of the frontA bridge on the second floor connects the two wings.
Details of the front
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton College.