|One of the city's oldest churches, it originally had a much shorter tower. The present Baroque tower, designed by Ferry & Clas, was added in 1892--although the lowest register of the tower is part of the original. The style of the original church is defined as German Zopstil, a style with similarities to American Federalist architecture. (See also Sir Christopher Wren in the Index for other interesting towers.) A devastating fire in 1935 destroyed much of the interior of the building.|
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton College.