The Grotto--near the West Front of the Capitolc. 1874-75
This hexagonal natural retreat provides shade and coolness as well as seating and drinking fountains.
The Waiting Station--near the East Front of the Capitolc. 1875
These hipped-roofed stations "were once known as 'Herdics' after the Herdic Phaeton Company, whose line of horse-drawn, plushly upholstered trolleys they served" (Weeks 36).
Lampstands--East Capitol Street