|Widely praised as the most outstanding Gothic Revival house in Savannah (and possibly in Georgia or even the South), this house was built by Charles Green, and later owned (1892) by Judge Meldrim and members of his family until it was sold to the St. John's Episcopal Church to be used as a parish house. It is also a National Heritage landmark. It does have a historic past as well since General Sherman stayed here for more than a month as a guest of Charles Green during the Civil War.|
South elevation, West Macon Street, on Madison Square
Striking three-sided bay window with crenelations over the entrance and square arch hood molding over the second-story windows
Hood molding over arched double doors with flanking arched sidelight panels
Click here to return to index of art historical sites.
Click here to return to index of artists and architects.
Click here to return to chronological index.
Click here to see the home page of Bluffton University.