These macros were (for the most part) created to help solve problems for the statistics
solutions manuals I have worked on. I make them available here for anyone who is
interested. I cannot guarantee that they work perfectly, or that they are great
examples of macro programming (these were my first attempts at writing Minitab
Each of the macro file links below goes to a page containing the text of the
macro, and only two links: One to return to this index, and one to the
"instructions" page. Your browser's "back" command can also be used to return to
- General instructions
- bonf.mac -- computes critical values for
Bonferroni multiple comparisons.
- cont.mac -- performs contingency (two-way) table analysis.
- contrast.mac -- computes contrasts (combinations of means) and finds
their associated P-values.
- corr.mac -- computes correlation matrices with P-values.
- fns.mac -- computes five-number summary (using simplified method for finding
- norm.mac -- a quick and dirty normal probability (quantile) plot.
- nscores.mac -- finds normal scores (just like the NSCORES command, but it
handles ties in data values differently).
- More macros from Minitab's web