Faculty scholarship grants
The university now has available three endowed faculty scholarship grants, each providing one six-credit-hour release over a two-year period. These grants are made possible by generous gifts by the Trollinger, Karl V. Schultz and Naomi E. Lehman families.
Karl Schultz Faculty Scholarship Grant
For the 2016-18 academic years, the Karl Schultz Endowed Faculty Scholarship grant is available. Please send applications to Steve Harnish, faculty development committee chair, via Nancy Neff.
- Endowed faculty scholarship grants are available to any tenured or tenure-track faculty member with a minimum of three years teaching experience at Bluffton University.
- Applicants are required to submit a two to three page proposal which includes:
- Description of the scholarly or creative work proposed.
- Relationship of this proposal to previous and on-going scholarly pursuits.
- The specific methods by which the scholarly or creative objectives will be achieved.
- The theoretical and/or practical significance of the scholarly or creative work.
- Possible venues through which the scholarly or creative work will be made available to the larger public.
- The anticipated time schedule for completing this work, including the anticipated semester(s) in which the release time will be used.
- In addition to the application, please attach a one to two page curriculum vitae, with attention to past scholarly achievements that would indicate the likelihood of success in the endowed faculty scholarship grant program.
- Applications are due to the Faculty Development Committee by Nov. 30, 2015, with decisions announced by Dec. 14, 2015, for grants to begin the following academic year.
- Applications will be assessed by the Faculty Development Committee on the basis of their objectives, methodology, significance, mission fit, likelihood of success and adherence to the aforementioned guidelines.
- The highest-rated application will be sent to the vice president and dean of academic affairs and the president for their consideration and approval.