Becoming a social work major
Bluffton University offers a variety of majors and minors for students to explore. Discover the course requirements for a major in social work, steps required to become a social work major and guidelines for course selection to complete the major in four years.
- 4-year plan for a social work major
- Required steps to becoming a social work major
- Declare a major in social work major declaration through the registrar's office in College Hall. You will then be assigned an academic advisor from within the social work program to help you prepare to apply for admission to the social work program.
- During your sophomore year, as part of the Human Behavior and Social Environment course, you will complete the application to the social work program,
- Read more about the program and the application process in the Social Work Student Manual (pdf)
Read more about How to Become a Social Worker from the Social Work Guide.