Office of Student Involvement
Bluffton University enjoys a long tradition of embracing and enriching student leadership. Bluffton's more than 60 student groups and organizations make up an essential part of our campus experience.
The office of student involvement works to unite this base of student organizations through a variety of programs, including workshops, resources, and service opportunities.
Office of student involvement Mission Statement
The office of student involvement strives to enhance student learning through the integration of classroom experiences, ambition for engagement, and exposure to diverse knowledge. By providing a central support system for student involvement opportunities ranging from programming and wellness to service and leadership development, we strive to facilitate meaningful and intentional student growth and development.
- Students will establish a foundation of leadership skills that will be enhanced in their future endeavors.
- Students will discover the significance of teamwork and collaboration among organizations.
- Students will acquire the skills needed to synthesize information from various resources to develop creative and original ideas.
- Students will develop a knowledge base for ethical reasoning within complex situations.
- Students will understand and attain effective and meaningful organizational skills.
- Students will endorse living and learning in a global community through the actions of service to others.
Check out the resources page to see the office of student involvement quotes - short handouts for student organization leaders covering a variety of topics related to involvement at Bluffton University. Topics include:
- Effective forms of campus publicity
- Getting the most out of Channel 2
- How to spend your organization's money
- Making copies! (and printing in the bookstore)
- Planning a successful meeting
For more information about the office of student involvement, contact Brent Schroeder, assistant director of Marbeck Center, (419-358-3218).