- Each game is played to 15 points. The leading team must win by 2 points.
- We will play the best 2 out of 3 games or within a one hour time limit.
- The serving side can only score points.
- Rotation is clockwise. Rotations will occur after each side out. A side out occurs
when the team without possession of the ball gains possession.
- Immediately following a rotation, the player in the right back position will serve
- If the serve touches the net it is a service fault and results in the loss of serve.
- It is illegal to spike on a serve but it can be blocked. The referees will distinguish
- Once served, the ball may only be touched 3 times per side. A player may never touch
it twice in succession unless one touch is a block.
- It is illegal to hold or throw the ball during play. However, tips are allowed. The
referees will distinguish these.
- Any ball landing on the end or sidelines is considered to be in. If the referee is
unable to distinguish whether the ball was in or out, the team captain is the only
person allowed to call it. It is expected that the team captains be honest when calling.
- Balls that hit the ceiling are still playable. However, if the ball hits the ceiling
and goes to the other side of the net, it is considered a dead ball.
- A ball that hits any wall, the bleachers, or the basketball backboards is considered
out of play. If this occurs on a serve the result is a loss of possession of the ball.
If this occurs during a volley the serving team will receive the ball IF the opposing
team hit last (score); if the serving team was last to touch the ball they will lose
- It is illegal to touch the net, reach over the net, or let body parts under the net.
- There will be no timeouts given during any of the games.