- Each game is played to 15 points. The leading team must win by 2 points.
- We will play the best 2 out of 3 games or within a one-hour time limit.
- The serving side can only score points.
- Each team must consist of 7-10 players with at least one women for every 2 men.
- Rotation is clockwise. Rotations will occur after each sideout. A sideout occurs when the team without possession of the ball gains possession.
- Immediately following a rotation, the player in the right back position will serve the ball.
- If the serve touches the net it is a service fault and results in a side out.
- Once served, the ball may only be touched 3 times per side. A player may never touch it twice in succession unless one touch is a block.
- It is illegal to hold or throw the ball during play. However, tips are allowed. The referees will distinguish these.
- Any ball landing on the edge of the sand volleyball court is considered "in."
- It is illegal to touch the net, reach over the net, or let body parts under the net.
- The point system for post tournament play:
- 4 = win
- 2 = loss
- 1 = forfeit
- 0 = no show