Riley Creek Festival 2015
J. Denny & Jenny's Traveling Zoo
Saturday, April 11
in the Bluffton University Sommer Center
- Inflatables for all ages
- Games hosted by student organizations
- Festival food
- Prizes for all ages (the more activities you do, the better chance you have to win
- FREE fun for all ages!
The following is the 2014 schedule. The 2015 schedule will be posted when confirmed, but it will be similar to last year's.
- 11 a.m.: KICKOFF!
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: Lunch in the Sommer Center
- 12 p.m.-1 p.m.: Live music performance
- 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.: Root beer floats in your own Riley Creek Festival mug
- 2 p.m.: Live music by the Bluffton University Brass Quintet
- 3:30 p.m.: Raffle prize drawing
- 4 p.m.: Rubber duck race in the Riley Creek! Ducks cost $1. Top winning ducks get
prizes from local businesses.
- 4 p.m.: Events close
**All proceeds from last year's rubber duck race on the Riley Creek was donated to Heifer International, a charity which provides farm animals to families in need. The animals provide a sustainable source of nutrition and offspring, contributing to the family's livelihood.
Winners of the duck race won prizes donated by local businesses! Donors including Jeanne's Kitchen, China Wok, the Bluffton Library, Padrone's, Book Reviews, Faith Investments, the Chamber of Commerce, the Whippy Dip, Bluffton Family Recreation, and more!
Lunch is one meal swipe for Bluffton University students. community members may pay
cash for lunch ($8.25 for adults, $4.50 for children).
Students, staff, faculty, community members, and families are welcome to this FREE event (lunch costs cash or a meal swipe - but entrance and participation in all events are free!).
*Special thanks to our campus supporters: Student Senate, Marbeck Center Board, the Office of Student Involvement, Ramseyer Hall Association, Art Club, PEACE Club, Bluffton University Nutrition Association (BUNA), and the Music Department*