Riley Creek Festival 2014
The 2014 Riley Creek Festival will be held on Saturday, April 12, in the Sommer Center. To join the planning committee, email Stephanie Baugh by Friday, Jan. 24.
More details to come soon! Until then, check out last year's schedule.
The 2013 Riley Creek Festival was held on Saturday, April 20, on Neufeld Lawn.
- Carnival games
- Fun Snacks
- Volleyball tournament
- and much more!
Want do volunteer at the festival? Contact Stephanie Baugh for more information!
2013 FESTIVAL SCHEDULE:
- 11 a.m.: KICKOFF! Inflatables, games, prizes and special activities sponsored by student
clubs - face-painting, henna tattoos, carnival food
- 11:30 a.m.-1 pm: Alien-themed lunch in on Neufeld lawn (weather permitting)
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Live music performance by Mel n' Dave
- 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Volleyball tournament in Burcky Gym (open to students, faculty, staff and community members). Email Stephanie Baugh to sign up!
- 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.: Live music performance Sunset Junkies
- 3-4 p.m.: Live music performance by Anabaptist Bestiary Project
- 4 p.m.: Rubber duck race in the Riley Creek! Ducks cost $1. Prizes for the winners.
- 4 p.m.: Events close
- 9 p.m.: "Afterglow" party for students only, hosted by Marbeck Center Board (MCB). Featuring glow-in-the-dark frisbee, glowsticks, games, and a special inflatable!
**All proceeds from the rubber duck race on the Riley will be donated to the Pitseng Internet Project, organized by the Botswana Cross-Cultural students.
Winners of the duck race will win prizes donated by local businesses! Donors include Luke's Bar & Grill, The Curling Iron, Groves Bears, Bluffton Family Recreation Center, Jeanne's Kitchen, The Food Store, & Great Value Hardware Store.
Lunch is one meal swipe for Bluffton University students; community members may pay cash.
Students, staff, faculty, community members and their families are welcome to this FREE event (excluding lunch).
Rain locations are in Burcky Gym, Marbeck Center and Sommer Center.
**Special thanks to our sponsors: Student Senate, Marbeck Center Board, Bluffton University Nutrition Association, the Social Work Club, SOUL (Student Organizations United in Leadership), Hirschy Hall Association, Ropp Hall Association & People's Movement for the Advancement of History (PMAH)**