Riley Creek Festival 2014
The 2014 Riley Creek Festival will be held on Saturday, April 12, in the bluffton university Sommer Center.
- Inflatables for all ages (jousting, obstacle course, bounce castle, dragon slide, bungee run)
- Games hosted by student organizations
- Caricature artist
- Frisbee spin art
- Make-your-own wax hands
- Festival food
- Prizes for all ages (the more activities you do, the better chance you have to win
- Henna tattoos
- Root beer floats in a commemorative RCF mug
- FREE fun for all ages!
Want do volunteer at the festival? Contact Stephanie Baugh for more information!
2014 FESTIVAL SCHEDULE:
- 11 a.m.: KICKOFF!
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: Lunch in the Sommer Center
- 12 p.m.-1 p.m.: Live music performance by Anabaptist Bestiary Project
- 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.: Root beer floats in your own Riley Creek Festival mug
- 2 p.m.: Live music by the Bluffton University Brass Quintet
- 3:30 p.m.: Raffle prize drawing
- 4 p.m.: Rubber duck race in the Riley Creek! Ducks cost $1. Top winning ducks get
prizes from local businesses.
- 4 p.m.: Events close
**All proceeds from the rubber duck race on the Riley Creek will be donated to Heifer International, a charity which provides farm animals to families in need. The animals provide a sustainable source of nutrition and offspring, contributing to the family's livelihood.
Winners of the duck race will win prizes donated by local businesses! Donors include Jeanne's Kitchen, China Wok, the Bluffton Library, Padrone's, Book Reviews, Faith Investments, the Chamber of Commerce, the Whippy Dip, Bluffton Family Recreation, and more!
Lunch is one meal swipe for Bluffton University students. community members may pay
cash for lunch ($8.25 for adults, $4.50 for children).
Students, staff, faculty, community members, and families are welcome to this FREE event (lunch costs cash or a meal swipe - but entrance and participation in all events are free!).
*Special thanks to our campus supporters: Student Senate, Marbeck Center Board, the Office of Student Involvement, Ramseyer Hall Association, Art Club, PEACE Club, Bluffton University Nutrition Association (BUNA), and the Music Department*