Alumni Mentoring Network
Alumni: Sign up for our new Alumni Mentoring Network! Serve as a mentor. Give career advice. To see what it's about, go to College Central Network.
The Bluffton University Center for Career and Vocation is committed to assisting students and alumni in the career exploration and job search processes. The Alumni Mentoring Network assists students by linking them with Bluffton University alumni. This program allows students to ask career-related questions of professionals in a safe and comfortable environment. Students are able to gather first-hand career information and network with alumni volunteers.
As a part of this network, you will be considered a valuable resource to current Bluffton University students, who may contact you in regards to your educational and career-related experience. As a successful alumnus, you have valuable insight to offer students as they decide on a major, select a graduate program or search for the perfect job. You may also provide information about your city, as students are often seeking relocation advice.
You may volunteer to assist students by:
- Speaking with students about their career and/or the pursuit of an advanced degree.
- Assisting students in understanding how their experience at Bluffton relates to life after graduation.
- Talking with students about geographic relocation.
- Referring students to job leads.
- Providing information about job openings to the Center for Career and Vocation.
- Participating in seminars and workshops.