Information for school districts
Thank you for your interest in Education Expo – a teacher candidate recruiting event sponsored by seven Ohio schools and hosted by Bluffton University. This year’s event will be held on April 13, 2016. Registration opens on Dec. 1 and closes April 1.
The following Frequent Asked Questions should assist you in your planning:
WHERE SHOULD I STAY AND HOW SHOULD I PLAN MY TRIP?
- Education Expo is one of a series of teacher candidate recruitment events that take place throughout Ohio during the second week in April. Each event has its own registration process and structure but many recruiters find it helpful to consider other area events in their planning.
- In 2016, the order of events will be:
- Bluffton University is located along I-75 and there are a number of hotels in the area. There is a Comfort Inn very close to us, but hotels in Findlay and Lima are also
quite accessible. In addition, one of the member schools, Ohio Northern University
has an Inn on their campus. The Inn at Ohio Northern is another good choice for accommodations. School districts traveling from one event
to the next often find that it is easiest to stay close to the next day’s event due
to the early registration and set-up. Registration on the day of Education Expo, for
example, begins at 7:30 a.m.
How many recruiters/teacher candidates attend Education Expo?
- In 2015, 88 school districts attended Education Expo (up from 63 the year before). Representing these 86 districts were 186 recruiters.
- In 2015, 130 teacher candidates attended the event. This number was down from 173 in 2014. On average, a little over 800 interviews are completed during this event.
What is the cost for my district to attend?
- The base rate for school districts in $125 for up to 2 recruiters; additional recruiters may be added for $25 each (payment submitted by check after a school has completed the on-line form).
- The $125 rate includes: one table, chairs for both recruiters and candidates, continental breakfast, hot lunch, afternoon refreshments, programmatic resources, wifi and other amenities. In addition, table linens for your display area will be available at a nominal fee (but must be pre-paid).
- We do occasionally have requests for a second table and will strive to meet those requests when at all possible. We encourage you to register early to give us the best opportunity to meet your requests.
We hope this information is helpful in your planning. Please do not hesitate to contact Shari Ayers, Director of the Bluffton University Center for Career & Vocation with additional questions or concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org or (419) 358-3030.