Declaring a Major and/or Licensure
To declare a major and/or licensure please:
- Print out a copy of the major or licensure declaration form of your choice.
- Fill out the necessary information on the top portion of the form.
- Take the declaration form to the appropriate department chairperson having him/her sign on the designated line. The department chair will then assign a major advisor.
- Next, take the form to your major advisor, having him/her sign the sheet as well.
- Please note: A declared major is required along with the declaration of a licensure and/or endorsement. Those students declaring a licensure will have a major advisor as well as an education advisor.
- Finally, bring the completed form to the registrar's office. After the completed form
is returned, the information will be entered into the computer system and will then
appear on the my.bluffton.edu advising module.
choose from the following majors:
Art and Writing
Art with licensure
Biblical & Theological Studies
Broadcasting and Journalism
Early Childhood Education
Food and Nutrition
Individually Designed Major
Middle Childhood Education
Music (liberal arts with concentrations)
Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology - Starting in Fall 2016
Sport & Recreation Leadership
Strength & Conditioning
Education majors declaring a licensure and/or endorsement should select from the
Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement
Integrated Social Studies Licensure
Integrated Language Arts Licensure
Integrated Mathematics Licensure
Middle Childhood Generalist Endorsement
Pre-K Special Needs Endorsement