Links and Resources
Publications and online resources
- Peace and Justice Support Network of Mennonite Church USA, a network of people aiming to create and keep clear the vision of peace and justice in Mennonite Church USA
Journal of Religion, Conflict and Peace, a journal put together by a collaborative of Goshen College, Earlham College and Manchester College.
Peace Policy, a publication written by faculty, fellows and associated peace scholars of the University of Notre Dame's Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
Web Journal of Justice and Peacebuilding, an online periodical of the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding at Eastern Mennonite University
Justice in Perspective overviews transitional processes being undertaken around the world.
Peace by Peace, an initiative of Goshen College, gives people a forum to share experiences and expressions of peace.
The International Center for Nonviolent Conflict is a non-profit, educational foundation that seeks to encourage civilian-based, nonmilitary strategies to establish human rights, democracy, and justice.
Mennonite Central Committee's Peace Office Newsletter addresses and interprets international peace and justice issues from a peace church perspective.
PeaceBuilder, a publication from EMU's Center for Justice and Peacebuilding (CJP), is available online
Training and service programs
- University of Colorado Conflict Information Consortium, a multi-disciplinary research center about conflict transformation
- International Peace and Development Training Center (IPDCT), a center located in Romania that puts on peacebuilding training for government and UN officials, conflict parties, field workers and staff of international agencies.
- Canadian School of Peacebuilding offers training or undergraduate credit for classes offered.
- The Qasid Institute for Classical and Modern Standard Arabic offers courses and programs in Arabic in Amman, Jordan.
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), a Quaker-based organization which works for social justice, peace and humanitarian service. Service and work opportunities are available in many U.S. cities and several countries abroad.
- Brethren Voluntary Service (BVS)
- Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT)
- Mennonite Central Committee (MCC)
Master's and Ph.D. programs in peace and conflict resolution
- Global Directory of Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Programs, or see the print copy available in the peace and conflict studies office
- Graduate Programs in the Field of Conflict Resolution, a comprehensive database of graduate programs in the United States and worldwide, put together by Salisbury Universtiy
- Guide to Ph.D. Programs in Peace and Conflict Resolution and related fields, a listing of 15 Ph.D. programs in conflict resolution and related fields.
- Guide to MA Programs in Peace and Conflict Resolution and Related Fields, which includes other relevant guides and a list of master's programs in peace and conflict resolution and related fields.
Highlighted schools and programs
- Eastern Mennonite University Center for Justice and Peacebuilding, offers summer courses and graduate studies
- Henry Martyn Institute a research center focused on the research of religions, and interfaith dialogue and reconciliation. Scholars are able to study at the Institute for Master's, Doctoral, and Post-Doctoral degrees.
- The International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution (ICCCR) at Columbia University, is a center promoting constructive conflict resolution. Offers classes and fellowships.
- Transcend Peace University, located in Austria
- The University for Peace is a U.N. mandated university for peace and conflict located in Costa Rica
- The Univeristy of Oregon School of Law offers an interdisciplinary master's degree program in Conflict and Dispute Resolution Program .
- The Kroc Institute of Peace is located at Notre Dame, Ind., and offers undergraduate, master's and Ph. D. programs in peace studies.
- The University of Winnipeg is now offering a Master of Arts in Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Goshen, IN offers a Masters of Arts in Peace Studies.
- The Institute for Peace and Justice at the University of San Diego offers several programs.
- The University of Denver's Korbel School of International Studies has graduate programs on many international issues included a partnership with Peace Corps Master's International program.
- Clark University, located in Worcester, MA, has a graduate school focused on International Development, Community, and Environment