Family Day Schedule
In case you missed it, here's what happened during Family Day 2013. Check back in late summer 2014 for details about Family Day 2014!
Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013
The Bluffton University Bookstore will be open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
8:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Registration in Marbeck Center Kiva
Stop at the registration table to register for Family Day 2013. Make sure to register to get some free Bluffton goodies, a schedule of events, and Family Day t-shirts!
9 - 10:30 a.m.: Family Breakfast & Mingling with Student Life Staff
Join members of the Student Life Division in the Gallery Lounge in Marbeck Center for light breakfast refreshments, coffee, and conversation!
Take your pick!
- Explore the Bluffton Farmer's Market from 8:30 a.m. - noon (in the parking lot of Citizen's National Bank on Main St. in Bluffton)
- Tour the village of Bluffton and its many unique shops. Pick up a business directory at the Family Day registration table in Marbeck Center
- Visit the Bluffton University Nature Preserve
- View the art exhibit in Sauder Visual Arts Center from 1-5 p.m. - "You Have Not Seen" by Christa Reuel
- Attend a movie at the Shannon Theatre (owned and operated by Bluffton alumni Pete and Kim Suter), located on Main Street in Bluffton. Purchase tickets at the Family Day registration table
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Lunch served in the Commons Marbeck Center.
You may use your student's Beaver Bucks or meal plan to pay for your meals.
Football vs. Earlham, 1:30 p.m.
Admission Cost: $5 for adults & $3 for children
Afternoon & Evening Activities:
3:30 - 5 p.m.: Bingo in Bob's Place (Marbeck Center), sponsored by Marbeck Center Board
Take a break to play one of Bluffton's favorite games—Bingo! Featuring fun prizes and snacks.
5- 6 p.m.: Dinner in the Commons in Marbeck Center.
7 p.m.: Coffeeshop Concert in Bob's Place (Marbeck Center)
Performance by folksy-blues band Surge on Smith, featuring opening acts by Bluffton University faculty members.
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013
Experience the faith community of Bluffton by attending worship services at one of our many local churches.
- Bluffton Baptist
- Bluffton Presbyterian
- Ebenezer Mennonite
- Emmanuel Church of Christ
- English Lutheran
- First Mennonite
- First United Methodist
- St. Johns United Church of Christ
- St. Mary's Catholic
- Shepherd's Flock Apostolic Pentecostal
- Tri-County Family Assembly of God
Questions? Contact us!
Fax: (419) 358-3232, attn: Jackie Wells