To become a licensed registered nurse in the state of Ohio, a person must graduated from an accredited registered nursing program and successfully pass the National Council License Examination (NCLEX-RN).
Students in Bluffton's nursing program will complete their RN degree requirements through dual enrollment at Northwest State Community College, which prepares students to take the NCLEX-RN exam.
Upon successful completion of the NCLEX-RN exam, students complete advanced nursing course requirements for the bachelor of science in nursing degree at Bluffton.
- Four-year plan for a BSN in nursing.
At Bluffton you will find:
- Small liberal arts, Christian school in which to study for and obtain a BSN registered nursing degree.
- Each student has an advisor dedicated to his/her success who will provide personal mentorship to guide the student through a rigorous academic program.
- Strong cross-cultural program to prepare students to work in a variety of settings.
- Mission-driven curriculum which prepares students to live out their values in their personal and work lives, their communities and the world.
- Opportunities to participate fully in campus life and athletics.
- Clinical fieldwork experiences in a variety of community health care settings.
- Outstanding liberal arts and advanced nursing education coupled with top quality technical
nursing education in a dual-degree nursing program in collaboration with Northwest
State Community College.