The following are the criteria for admission to the Bluffton University ISPP dietetics internship program for 2016-17.
To be eligible to apply for Bluffton's ISPP, applicants must have completed a Dietetic Internship Centralized Application (DICAS) within the last two years without previously being matched or being unmatched during the first round of spring 2016. Applicants must have completed a minimum of a bachelor's degree and received a verification statement from an ACEND-accredited DPD program by July 1, prior to beginning an internship.
- Apply to Bluffton University ISPP (program code 7419D) by updating your online DICAS application for the second round match period, beginning April 7, 2016. Include an updated personal statement.
- Mail $50 application fee (payable to Bluffton University) to:
Jennifer Little, RDN, LD
1 University Drive 37
Bluffton OH 45817-2104
- Application materials must be updated in DICAS and application fee post-marked by
April 21, 2016.
A selection committee comprised of internship preceptors, alumni, dietetics program professors and the internship Experience Coordinator will select 10 interns from the pool of eligible applicants. Selection is based on personal statements, references, didactic dietetic and overall academic ability, related-work experience, volunteer and leadership experience and the applicant's overall match with the emphasis and nature of Bluffton's dietetic internship. Selected applicants will be notified by email and/or phone by midnight May 6, 2016.
Accepting the internship
Once selected, Bluffton University interns must contact the Internship Experience Coordinator to accept their internship position and:
- Complete an online Bluffton admissions application through the office of adult and graduate education
- Submit official copies of their college transcripts if not done previously
- Submit official verification statement from Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)