The following are the criteria for admission to the dietetics internship program for 2013-14.
Applicants must have completed of a Dietetic Internship Centralized Application within the last two years without previously being matched to a dietetics internship program participating in DICAS.
Selection into the internship program,
which requires submission of the following by April 30, 2014:
E-mail or mail hard copies the following items to Experience Coordinator Jennifer Little, RDN, LD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below.
- A copy of the complete DICAS application
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation using the DICAS form
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- $50 application fee, payable to Bluffton University, to:
Jennifer Little, RDN, LD
1 University Drive 37
Bluffton OH 45817-2104
NOTE: New copies of personal statement, resume and letters of recommendation in DICAS form may be submitted to Bluffton's Dietetics Internship Experience Coordinator if items that are within the DICAS application are greater than six months old or if the information needs to be updated to be applicable to Bluffton's internship program.
A selection committee comprised of internship preceptors, alumni, dietetics program professors and the internship Experience Coordinator will select eight interns and two alternates from the pool of eligible applicants. Selection is based on personal statements, references, didactic dietetic and overall academic ability, related-work experience, volunteer and leadership experience and the applicant's overall match with the emphasis and nature of Bluffton's dietetic internship
Accepting the internship
Once selected, Bluffton University interns must contact the Internship Experience Coordinator to accept their internship position and complete the following:
- Online admissions application through the office of adult and graduate education
- Submit official copies of their college transcripts if not done previously
- Verification statement from Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)