2015-16 Bluffton University ISPP dietetics interns
About Bluffton's internship opportunity
Bluffton's ISPP has an emphasis on community and public health nutrition. This program is similar to a traditional internship in that we organize your supervised practice rotations, but with the flexibility to tailor your experience to address individual interests and goals. Additional professional enrichment opportunities include attendance at dietetics conferences, individual and group projects and seminar days.
Bluffton interns will not only gain valuable dietetic experience, they will also be part of a campus community with access to educational, cultural and spiritual activities, the support of our Career Development Center services and optional on-campus housing. Plus, interns who complete our program are eligible to sit for the Commission on Dietetics registration exam to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN.)
Bluffton University's ISPP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago Ill., 60606-6995, phone 312-899-0040 ext 5400 or http://www.eatright.org/ACEND. Bluffton's program exceeds ACEND program standards for RDN exam pass rate.
- Orientation and class days: Monday-Friday, Aug. 31- Sept. 4
- Intern class days: Monday-Tuesday, Nov. 23 - 24
- Intern make-up day (if needed): Wednesday, Nov. 25
- Thanksgiving break: Thursday - Sunday, Nov. 26 - 29
- Christmas break: Saturday, Dec. 20 - Sunday, Jan. 3
- Good Friday holiday: Friday, March 25
- End of the year review/class day/ tentative RD exam review course; Monday-Thursday, May 23-25
- Intern graduation; Friday, May 27
Because of the supervised practice hour requirements, dietetic intern breaks do not necessarily coincide with the Bluffton undergraduate holiday/break schedule.
Application information for the 2016-17 internship year will be posted in early spring 2016.